A Poplar Bluff R-1 School District bus has run over a fourth-grade student who was running to catch the vehicle, the Springfield News-Leader reports.
The boy was identified as Zjequalin Cody, 10. He reportedly was late to the bus stop Friday morning and was running after the school bus with other students already on board, when he tripped, fell and was crushed under the wheels.
School district Superintendent Scott Dill told the News-Leader that the bus driver was unaware that Cody was running after the bus at the time of the incident.
The Missouri Highway Patrol’s major crash team continued to investigate at this report.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- How Will New FMCSA Diabetes Rule Affect School Bus Drivers?
- Video Exonerates School Bus Driver Accused by Students
- EPA Extends Clean Diesel Tribal Grant Applications Timeline
- Calif. Law Addresses School Buses Without 3-Point Seat Belts
- Corrected: Former CEO of School Bus Video Firm Pleads Guilty to Fraud