A sky-blue Mini Cooper became a “Minier Cooper” when it crashed and was squished into the tail end of a school bus driving on Route 4 west in Hackensack, causing only minor injuries to passengers. According to northjersey.com, Deputy Fire Chief Pete Danzo said the “driver of the Mini Cooper and two passengers reported minor injuries and were taken to Hackensack University Medical Center.”
After the initial impact on Monday, when the compact vehicle reportedly slammed into the back-end of the school bus, a following mini-van then rear-ended the Mini Cooper, which became jammed even further under the bus. Shortly after 10 a.m. local time, another school bus arrived to pick up and transport the student passengers, news reports indicated.
News photos showed that the bus suffered only minor damage, while the Cooper was heavily damaged in both the front and the rear. It had to be dislodged from underneath the bus by a tow truck. Two lanes of traffic were also temporarily closed, news accounts said.
Latest from David George
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Olivia Causes Landslides on Hawaiian Islands
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Hurricane Florence: High Winds & Falling Trees Kill 2 in North Carolina
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
- Calif. State Legislature OKs Bill to Start School Later