Gwinnett County Public Schools special needs bus driver in Georgia, Emma McGowan is a three-time gold medalist, reported ajc.com.
McGowan is an international track and field champion who won gold at the World Masters Track and Field Championship. She represented the United States in Malaga, Spain, and set an American record in the 400-meter run. She also earned silver in the 200-meter race.
World Maters Athletic events are for ages 35 and older, and this was her first time competing in the 50 and over age group. The competition concluded on Sept. 16 for this year.
Previously, McGowan won gold in the 100-meter race in both 2015 and 2017, competing against entrants from around the world.
Latest from Taylor Hannon
- Students Who Know School Bus Safety Make the Bus Safer
- 6th Grader Shares Story of School Bus ‘Hit-and-Run’ and Viral Note
- Detroit Connect Analytics Unlocks the Power of Fuel and Safety Data
- Proposed NYC Bill Calls for All-Electric School Buses
- ‘No Engine, No Problem’ Segment on Good Day Sacramento Features Lion Electric