Michael Shields returns to the STN EXPO this year to discuss topics like new driver applicants and employee retention. Shields is the Director of Transportation at Salem Keizer Public Schools in Oregon.
Shields has been in student transportation for over four decades and started as a school bus driver. Prior to becoming a director of transportation, he also worked as a district manager of a newspaper and a restaurant manager.
On Sunday, July 9, Shields will moderate the panel “Mitigating Risk in New School Bus Driver Applicants,” a session that will offer “ways to improve your [hiring] process and change your climate.”
On Tuesday, July 11, Shields will sit on the general session panel “Driver & Employee Retention: Finding the Carrot & the Stick.” This session immediatelly following the STN EXPO Trade Show will “tap the resources of industry leaders who understand the values of hiring and retaining the employees need for the future success of their organizations.”
You don’t want to miss Michael Shields and other presenters, who will provide insight and solutions to attendees’ most pressing challenges and issues. Check out the agenda-at-a-glance to begin to plan your time in Reno. So get your approval and register today.
- STN EXPO Registration Now Open — Save $200
- Solutions Proposed to Curb School Bus Driver Shortage
- Ohio District Starts School Bus Wi-Fi Pilot
- Moving Parts: Bendix Encourages Discussion of the Automated/Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem
- STN EXPO Keynote Putnam Shares How Attitude Gains Altitude for Organizations