Texas Association for Pupil Transportation President Amy A. Scopac announced plans this week for her remaining term in office (2017-2018), printed here in unedited form.
Dear TAPT Friends and Family:
Our theme for 2018-2019 is “Bridging the Gaps – Improving Education Together.” During my presidency, it is my desire to bring student transportation to the forefront of the conversation. To achieve this goal, communication will be essential. We will work on a media campaign that can be used by your districts and departments to not only bring public awareness to the great responsibilities your drivers face each day, but also to promote school bus safety in general.
We will continue to promote our association to school districts state-wide in an effort to spread our vision and increase membership. The next legislative session will commence in the Spring, and we will advocate for effective and productive legislation that will aim to help school districts better support their students’ transportation needs.
The Executive Committee will continue to offer exceptional certification courses throughout the year and will work tirelessly to make next year’s conference in Dallas one of the best yet. Most importantly, the Executive Committee members and I are here to serve you. Never forget you have one of the most vital jobs in your school district – no other employee has a greater responsibility than one in whose hands the physical welfare of a child has been placed.
As an industry leader, it is important that you’re taking every opportunity to continue learning and growing. Our industry is progressive; we’re constantly evolving and find ourselves facing new challenges on a daily basis. Transportation requires us to be forward-thinkers and innovative ideas are essential to our growth as an industry.
We have two days of classes just around the corner, in conjunction with the TASBT Summer Conference, on July 26th and 27th which are being hosted by Cy-Fair ISD. There will be many more to come throughout the year so please be sure to check the website often.
Furthermore, please ensure that you’re subscribed to our TAPT E-Groups; doing so affords you the opportunity to stay in touch and be one of the first to receive the latest news, announcements, and state-wide employment opportunities.
In closing, I wish you all the best. Continue to do great things, make your mark, and make a difference wherever you are.
God Bless you all,
Amy A. Scopac
- California Governor Vetoes Bill to Delay School Start Times
- School Bus Child Passenger Safety Training at TSD Conference
- DTNA Brings Vocational, Electric Solutions to the IAA 2018
- Fleet Financing Resources Joins Marlin Business Solutions
- Bitimec’s Cost-Effective Wash-Bots Win Over School Bus Operators
Latest from David George
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Olivia Causes Landslides on Hawaiian Islands
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Hurricane Florence: High Winds & Falling Trees Kill 2 in North Carolina
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
- Calif. State Legislature OKs Bill to Start School Later