The Understanding and Planning for School Bombing Incidents Course, a unique type of event that is rarely held, will be hosted by the Galveston ISD Transportation Department, in Galveston on Oct. 23, 2018, at 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. There is no charge to attend.
This is a technical awareness training event for school administrators, bus drivers, law enforcement, fire fighters, EMS, first responders, or any other personnel who are responsible for responding to incidents involving explosives, weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or incendiary materials in schools.
Reservations must be made no later than Oct. 10, since there is a limited number of seats available.
The four-hour course specifically focuses on prevention and response to school bombing incidents. The course will provide hands-on training for any and all responder’s.
• Understanding the terrorist threat
• Recognition of improvised explosive devices (IEDs)
• Prevention, response and mitigation
• Safety Issues and considerations
Training is being presented by the New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology (New Mexico Tech) and Energetic Materials Research & Testing Center (EMRTC), the lead DHS National Domestic Preparedness Consortium partner for explosives and firearms, live explosives and incendiary devices training. Galveston ISD Transportation is involved in planning and holding the training. Funding is provided by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security.
Testing & Continuing Education Credits
Participants are administered a pre-test prior to the start of course instruction, and a post-test after completing the course. The post-test enables program administrators to assess the level of learning attained by participants. Those attendees who perform 70 percent or higher on the post-test will earn a certificate of completion and 0.4 continuing education credits.
Latest from David George
- Christmas Parades Highlighted by Ornately Decorated School Buses
- Blue Bird Corp. adds Connor Wentzell to its Board of Directors
- Custom Colored Loose Wheel Nut Indicators Debut
- Province Imposes Big Fines, Driver’s License Suspension for Illegal School Bus Passing
- NAFTA Replacement Expected to Ease Tariff Concerns