IC Bus continued a national tour of its chargE concept electric school bus with a visit to Sacramento, California students.
The chargE provided a mobile learning lab experience at the School of Engineering and Sciences of the Sacramento City Unified School District on Thursday. A spokesman for Navistar, the parent company of IC Bus, said students experienced firsthand how electric technology is powering the future of the industry. Students also interacted with IC Bus engineers and learned about the complexities of transportation choices, real-world design of electric powertrains and solutions for sustainable modes of transportation.
The event was led by Dean Oppermann, director of advanced engineering for IC Bus, and Sudha Veerapaneni, director for IC Bus. Joining them was Patrick Bohman, Learning Support Services coordinator for the district's School of Engineering and Sciences.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- NYC School Bus Contractor Retrofits to Gas-Hybrid Electric
- Parents of Girl Killed in Iowa School Bus Fire Sue District
- NHTSA Close to Studying Effect of Seat Belts on Student Behavior
- N.Y. School District Named Transfinder Ambassador of Year
- Video Shows Teacher Dragging Student Off School Bus By Legs