Midwest Transit Equipment announced it now holds the distribution rights for IC Bus school buses and products in Michigan following the purchase of a local dealer.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed in a release on Monday.
Midwest Transit said its affiliate, Capital City Acquisition Corp., completed the deal with Capital City Bus Sales, located in Lansing, Mich. Capital City Bus said it holds the largest dealer network in the state, while also offering the largest parts inventory and most certified technicians.
John McKinney, former president of Navistar’s Global Bus division, acquired all Midwest Transit stock last June. This past March, IC Bus recognized Midwest Transit as a finalist for its 2017 North American dealer of the year award.
In business for 41 years, Midwest Transit is one the largest bus distributors in the U.S., with operations also located in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas and Mississippi.
- California Governor Vetoes Bill to Delay School Start Times
- DTNA Brings Vocational, Electric Solutions to the IAA 2018
- Fleet Financing Resources Joins Marlin Business Solutions
- Vehicle Lifts Must Pass Tougher Testing to Earn ALI Gold Label
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Olivia Causes Landslides on Hawaiian Islands