IC Bus is now in full-production with the RE Series Type D school bus. The RE Series now offers elevated features, such as enhanced interiors and maximum passenger capacity, optimum safety, connected technology, and the top-of-the-line Cummins® L9 engine.
The RE Series is designed to provide customers with a winning combination of uptime, performance and reliability, with features that are both new and familiar, including:
- Improved fuel economy with the L9 engine.
- Improved cold starting down to -10 degrees unassisted.
- Reduced driver and passenger noise exposure.
- A new Direct Drive cooling fan system that contributes to better reliability, serviceability and cold start performance by eliminating the hydraulic fan, mounting the clutch on the engine, and introducing a gearbox that runs at engine RPM only when the fan is engaged.
- The Allison 3000 transmission with an integrated cooler, resulting in less complexity and improve reliability.
- Newly designed windows that minimize the effort needed to operate and offer greater protection against leaking.
- Interchangeable SafeGuard BTI Seating exclusively for IC Bus.
- A frame mounted rollout battery tray.
- Easy DEF tank access.
- A smart body controller capable of monitoring and supervising an array of control functions including, daytime running lights.
Every part engineered and every material chosen by IC Bus in the RE Series is designed to stand up to the rigors of daily use. From millions of dollars invested into the Tulsa manufacturing facility to enhance precision assembly to standard 16-gauge steel body and all-steel rub rail construction that increase strength and corrosion resistance, the RE Series is built to the highest standards. The Cummins L9, which is rated up to 300 horsepower and 860 lb.-ft. of torque, offers the best power-to-weight ratio in its class. The engine’s rear location offers outstanding serviceability and allows for easy access to components and fluids via two engine doors.
Backed by the North America's Most Powerful Dealer Network
IC Bus dealers are among the best in the business, are a strong link in the industry's broadest, most capable parts distribution and dealer network, and provide additional maintenance and service value to our customers," said Trish Reed, vice president and general manager, IC Bus. "With more than 700 dealer locations throughout North America and over 7600 technicians ready to serve, our customers are not far from qualified and dedicated support."
In the end, the IC Bus® RE Series is a product built with quality and the driver in mind. Watch the below video to see how the RE Series is bring you the results you need on time, every time.
- Three at Cummins Receive SWE International Awards for STEM
- Navistar Repays $200 Million in Convertible Notes
- Sheehan Appointed to Navistar Board; Ninivaggi Replaced
- School Bus Safety Co. Gives Away Updated Danger Zones Program
- Bendix to Acquire ProSteering, Remanufacturer of Commercial Steering Components