Larry Beutler awaits sentencing next month after entering a guilty plea last week to two counts of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration on a student rider, the Detroit Free Press reports.
The 66-year-old former employee of Dean Transportation drove a route for Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District. Investigators said he committed the crime on a 14-year-old girl on the bus.
The plea agreement was reached so the girl won't have to testify.
Beutler faces up to 10 years in prison.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Business as Usual for New York’s Quality Bus After Acquisition
- NAPT Still Seeking NHTSA Re-Evaluation of School Bus Compartmentalization
- Hurricane Season Looms But May Not Be as Bad as 2017
- NSTA Capitol Hill Testimony Reiterates FAST Act Importance
- Want to Be a Transportation Supervisor? The STN EXPO Can Help