Larry Beutler awaits sentencing next month after entering a guilty plea last week to two counts of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration on a student rider, the Detroit Free Press reports.
The 66-year-old former employee of Dean Transportation drove a route for Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District. Investigators said he committed the crime on a 14-year-old girl on the bus.
The plea agreement was reached so the girl won't have to testify.
Beutler faces up to 10 years in prison.
- Extreme Weather and New Engines Drive Growing Demand for Steril-Koni SKYLIFT Wash Bay in Fleet Maintenance Shops
- Schools, Law Enforcement Respond to Student Gun Threats
- Shooting Creates Somber Mood at Florida School Bus Meeting
- W.V. District First in State to Implement School Bus App
- Former Cop Faces 49 Years in Prison for Fatal School Bus Hit-and-Run