WSOCTV.com reports that police in Union County, North Carolina arrested a local school bus driver for allegedly posting a threat on Facebook toward middle school staff.
Lashaunda Hooker Beachum, 32, faces two felony charges of making false reports concerning mass violence on educational property. Police say Beachum created a fake profile on Facebook. He allegedly posted threats early on March 2 toward four staff members of Porter Ridge Middle School, by threatening to shoot up the campus.
Union County Public Schools fired Beachum later that same day. She started driving for district on Jan. 3.
A local reporter Tweeted that police continued to investigate whether Beachum used a student's picture for the fake profile.
- Students Who Know School Bus Safety Make the Bus Safer
- 6th Grader Shares Story of School Bus ‘Hit-and-Run’ and Viral Note
- Mother of Boy Killed in Indiana Bus Crash Files Lawsuit
- Indiana Becomes a Flash Point for School Bus Safety
- Province Imposes Big Fines, Driver’s License Suspension for Illegal School Bus Passing