WSOCTV.com reports that police in Union County, North Carolina arrested a local school bus driver for allegedly posting a threat on Facebook toward middle school staff.
Lashaunda Hooker Beachum, 32, faces two felony charges of making false reports concerning mass violence on educational property. Police say Beachum created a fake profile on Facebook. He allegedly posted threats early on March 2 toward four staff members of Porter Ridge Middle School, by threatening to shoot up the campus.
Union County Public Schools fired Beachum later that same day. She started driving for district on Jan. 3.
A local reporter Tweeted that police continued to investigate whether Beachum used a student's picture for the fake profile.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- How Will New FMCSA Diabetes Rule Affect School Bus Drivers?
- Video Exonerates School Bus Driver Accused by Students
- EPA Extends Clean Diesel Tribal Grant Applications Timeline
- Calif. Law Addresses School Buses Without 3-Point Seat Belts
- Corrected: Former CEO of School Bus Video Firm Pleads Guilty to Fraud