A Poplar Bluff R-1 School District bus has run over a fourth-grade student who was running to catch the vehicle, the Springfield News-Leader reports.
The boy was identified as Zjequalin Cody, 10. He reportedly was late to the bus stop Friday morning and was running after the school bus with other students already on board, when he tripped, fell and was crushed under the wheels.
School district Superintendent Scott Dill told the News-Leader that the bus driver was unaware that Cody was running after the bus at the time of the incident.
The Missouri Highway Patrol’s major crash team continued to investigate at this report.
- 6th Grader Shares Story of School Bus ‘Hit-and-Run’ and Viral Note
- Detroit Connect Analytics Unlocks the Power of Fuel and Safety Data
- Idaho PSA Reminds Motorists to Stop for School Buses
- Mother of Boy Killed in Indiana Bus Crash Files Lawsuit
- Pa. Court Requires District to Hand Over School Bus Video