A Northern California man was hit and killed by a school bus while riding his bike to work, reports CBS 13 Sacramento.
Salomon Rodriquez, 30, was hit by the bus while riding in a left-hand turn lane. The bus driver was reportedly making a turn at Kettleman Lane and School Street in Lodi. Police said drugs and alcohol were not a factor.
Rodriquez’s family described him as a hardworking husband and father. He was working in the U.S. and sending money back home to his wife and children in Mexico.
A car wash fundraiser in his memory was planned for this weekend.
- Shepherd Pleads Not Guilty to Indiana Homicide Charges
- Durham School Services Earns ASE Blue Seal Recognition
- AMF-Bruns Announces 1st Annual National Special-Needs School Bus Driver Of The Year Award
- 2018 NAPT National School Bus Safety Week Poster Winners
- Petition Demands School Bus Stop Safety Become Federal Law