A Northern California man was hit and killed by a school bus while riding his bike to work, reports CBS 13 Sacramento.
Salomon Rodriquez, 30, was hit by the bus while riding in a left-hand turn lane. The bus driver was reportedly making a turn at Kettleman Lane and School Street in Lodi. Police said drugs and alcohol were not a factor.
Rodriquez’s family described him as a hardworking husband and father. He was working in the U.S. and sending money back home to his wife and children in Mexico.
A car wash fundraiser in his memory was planned for this weekend.
Latest from Taylor Hannon
- Vehicle Lifts Must Pass Tougher Testing to Earn ALI Gold Label
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- Navistar Names Ragland Sr. VP/CIO
- IC Bus Finishes 11th Year of Tech Training
- Cincinnati Student Dies After Being Hit by Two Vehicles