An 11-year-old boy in Jacksonville, Florida was struck and killed while crossing a street immediately after disembarking from his school bus.
News4Jax reported that investigators said it did not appear Terry Bryant, a “standout student” who had just started sixth grade at Arlington Middle School, was in a crosswalk at the time.
His father commented that the boy had just left the bus and was “walking up the street. My son saw the street was starting to clear up somewhere they could cross the street. I don’t know why he didn’t wait to get up to the intersection.”
Reports said the school bus driver was not at fault, and the car driver immediately stopped and provided assistance.
Latest from David George
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Olivia Causes Landslides on Hawaiian Islands
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Hurricane Florence: High Winds & Falling Trees Kill 2 in North Carolina
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
- Calif. State Legislature OKs Bill to Start School Later