A 15-year old Ohio student at Western Hills University High School died after being hit by two different cars this morning while crossing the street, reported the Enquirer.
Gabriella Christine Rodriguez crossed the street, not in a cross walk, to get to her bus stop this morning, Sept. 10, 2018. She was hit by two vehicles; after getting up from the first vehicle, a second vehicle hit her and the driver did not stop to see her condition.
Rodriguez was transported to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where she later died. Her family was able to see her in the hospital.
Rodriguez was reported as an incredible athlete who pressed her administration for a softball team at her school. The field was completed and there will be a team this year.
The school is looking for a way to place a memorial plaque on the field she fought for.
Students are reported to be taking her death hard, and council members are already talking about the steps that need to be taken in order to keep community members, especially students safer.
Latest from Taylor Hannon
- Stertil-Koni High Lift Wheel Dolly Boosts Safety, Performance in Maintenance Shops
- Bus Driver Evacuates Children from ‘CampFire’ in California
- Thomas Built Buses Debuts as Title Sponsor for Bobby Labonte Foundation Charity Bike Ride
- Shepherd Pleads Not Guilty to Indiana Homicide Charges
- Durham School Services Earns ASE Blue Seal Recognition