Gwinnett County Public Schools special needs bus driver in Georgia, Emma McGowan is a three-time gold medalist, reported ajc.com.
McGowan is an international track and field champion who won gold at the World Masters Track and Field Championship. She represented the United States in Malaga, Spain, and set an American record in the 400-meter run. She also earned silver in the 200-meter race.
World Maters Athletic events are for ages 35 and older, and this was her first time competing in the 50 and over age group. The competition concluded on Sept. 16 for this year.
Previously, McGowan won gold in the 100-meter race in both 2015 and 2017, competing against entrants from around the world.
- School Bus Driver Stuck in Bus for Over Five Hours
- In Honor of National Events, Q’Straint Serves up Critical Safety Tips
- Pa. School Bus Driver Faces Sexual Assault Charges
- Frost & Sullivan Names Zonar School Bus Telematics Company of the Year
- In 25 Years, School Buses May Resemble Helicopter Drones, But What’s the Risk?