A 16-year old Maryland teen was hit and killed this morning, Oct. 9, while trying to catch the school bus, reported a patch.com article,
A Harford County High school student, Kyle Lynam, was reportedly running south of the northbound shoulder when he was hit by a passing vehicle. The driver who hit him is not facing any charges.
Lynam was taken while alive to a nearby hospital after being hit, but he later succumbed to his injuries, news reports said.
The bus was reported to have its flashing yellow lights on, so it was preparing to stop to load students.
Latest from Taylor Hannon
- Students Who Know School Bus Safety Make the Bus Safer
- 6th Grader Shares Story of School Bus ‘Hit-and-Run’ and Viral Note
- Detroit Connect Analytics Unlocks the Power of Fuel and Safety Data
- Proposed NYC Bill Calls for All-Electric School Buses
- ‘No Engine, No Problem;’ Segment on Good Day Sacramento Features Lion Electric