Concerns about Covid-19
By School Transportation News, March 13, 2020
Dear STN Reader,
STN arrived at this decision with a heavy heart after spending the past days and weeks closely monitoring the situation, as schools nationwide continue to close, some indefinitely. It became clear that moving forward with the event posed too big of a risk to our attendees and vendors who still planned to attend as well as to our staff.
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of face masks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
Photo Credit: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
For more information, please visit the CDC website. Additional helpful links are below:
People at High Risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html
How it spreads: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
Prevention & Treatment: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
Download these helpful CDC guides on hand-washing related topics:
Major Airline Responses to Covid-19
Flying to Dallas and concerned about your flight? See the official statements of American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines below:
American Airlines: Coronavirus: Latest Information from American Airlines
Delta Airlines: Coronavirus news: Our commitment to customers
Southwest Airlines: Our promise to you, our Customers during coronavirus (COVID-19)
United Airlines: Coronavirus (COVID-19): What we’re doing to keep customers and employees safe