Zero-Emission school buses are more than just buzz, and with advances in technology electric school bus deployments will only continue to increase. But what does fleet integration look like? Does the performance and reliability of electric school buses live up to expectation? What are some of the inherent challenges with the adoption of electric school buses? How can districts best prepare for the changes and ensure they are choosing the right partners?
These questions and more were answered in our June 25 webinar by industry experts and school districts who are currently running electric school buses in their fleets. Topics included:
- Questions to ask of your electric school bus providers.
- The importance of serviceability and support for your electric school bus.
- Total cost of ownership and leveraging earning opportunities (V2G, LCFS, grants, etc).
- Best practices for infrastructure planning.
- Open Q&A with school districts running electric vehicles on daily routes.
Blue Bird Corporation, Cummins, and A-Z Bus Sales hosted a comprehensive webinar on June 25. Watch this recorded webcast to get insights regarding electric school bus integration, performance, serviceability, and tips to ensure your deployments are a success.
- Mark Toti – Transportation Manager, Bellflower (Calif.) USD
- Rick Sanchez – Lead Mechanic, Bellflower (Calif.) USD
- Mike Young – Director of Transportation, Gateway (Calif.) USD
- Errol Glenn – Director of Grants & Funding Development, Fontana (Calif.) USD
- Pam Caro – Regional Sales Manager, Blue Bird
- Hinton Harrison – Engineering Supervisor, Blue Bird
- Kevin Cook – Business Development Manager—Electrification, Cummins
- Brandon Bluhm – Director of Sales, A-Z Bus Sales
Blue Bird Corporation has been building school buses for over 90 years. As a pioneer in alternative fuels, Blue Bird has delivered over six times more alternatively-fueled school buses than all other competitors combined. Since 1994, Blue Bird has been working with electric school bus technology, and is truly a pioneer in the industry for this green, zero-emissions choice for your fleet!
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, and distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions that range from diesel engines to hybrid and electric platforms.
A-Z Bus Sales is the leading alternative-fuel provider for school buses in the California market, providing transportation solutions for over 40 years. A-Z has successfully helped dozens of school districts on the procurement of their electric school buses, assisting with grants, infrastructure, trainings, and after delivery support.