FRISCO, TEXAS — An eight-hour training seminar approved by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration taught the proper securement of pre-school age children in safety restraints on the first day of the 2019 TSD Conference.
- Related: TSD Workshops Encouraged Dialogue and Informed Attendees
- Related: TSD 2019 Trade Show in Photos
- Related: St. Patrick’s Day Celebrated at TSD 2019 Trade Show Reception
- Related: Video Spotlight—TSD Preview
- Related: TSD Conference Day 3 in Photos
This all-day class gave attendees a hands-on illustration of the most common mistakes made when installing child safety restraint systems on school buses. Participants who completed the seminar received 5.5 continuing education units from Safe Kids Worldwide. The training is also available at the STN EXPO Indianapolis and STN EXPO Reno.
Friday’s specialized training also included classes on evacuating students with disabilities from the school bus, and properly preventing and intervening in behaviors that are exhibited by this student population, as well as hands-on securement overviews by BESI, Inc. and Q’STRAINT/Sure-Lok.
Browse photos of the action, below.