Advertisement
HomeWire ReportsTransportation Secretary Wants Allegations Stricken

Transportation Secretary Wants Allegations Stricken

The Charlotte Observer has reported that U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx wants allegations that he once had a no-show job at a defunct bus maker stricken from a lawsuit in bankruptcy court.

The trustee liquidating Charlotte-based bus company DesignLine filed suits against Foxx, seeking the return of the pay he received as deputy general counsel from 2009 to 2013.

The complaint said company documents showed little to no work by the former Charlotte mayor.

In a motion filed last month, however, Foxx says records contradict those claims. 

Advertisement

Foxx’s motion asks the court to strike “impertinent and scandalous matter” from the trustee’s complaint, referring to the allegations that he did no work. A hearing is scheduled for May 31 on the motion in federal bankruptcy court in Charlotte.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article77426427.html#storylink=cpy

February 2026

This month's issue highlights safety, covering different aspects of how the student transportation is addressing the most pressing safety...

Buyer’s Guide 2026

Find the latest vehicle production data and budget reports, industry trends, and contact information for state, national and federal...

Poll

When was the last time your operation trained with local first responders on emergency scenarios?
54 votes
VoteResults
Advertisement